The NGfL Cymru Innovative Education Forum 2011 is a partnership between Microsoft Partners in Learning and NGfL Cymru to celebrate the best of Education in Wales and the impact NGfL Cymru and Microsoft technologies can have in learning and teaching.
You are warmly invited to submit a project that meets the criteria listed below to the NGfL Cymru Innovative Education Forum 2011. All entrants who submit a project that meets these criteria will receive a certificate and will be listed as NGfL Cymru Innovative Teachers. In addition, NGfL Cymru will select the top 10 entries to attend the NGfL Cymru Innovative Education Forum Award Ceremony in July 2011. All top ten entries will receive an award to celebrate their achievement and two of these NGfL Cymru Innovative Teachers will be invited to attend the prestigious Microsoft U.K. Innovative Education Forum 2011 in November, which will provide excellent opportunities for their professional development.
Please read the guidelines for entrants below to participate to this fantastic opportunity!
Guidelines for entrants:
- Entrants must work in educational establishments in Wales.
- Submitted projects must feature the use of at least one NGfL Cymru resource.
- Projects should contain evidence of pupils’ work that employed Microsoft technologies in innovative ways.
- The project must be documented using the NGfL Cymru Virtual Classroom Tour (VCT) template. Available from the NGfL Cymru Blog, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The submitted projects must utilise Microsoft Products for the majority of their implementation. Applications that are not Microsoft Products must operate on a Windows platform.
- All VCTs must be emailed to email@example.com before the 1st July 2011. Entries submitted after this date will not be considered. If you have problems emailing your VCT, let us know and we will give you access to our SkyDrive, or Dropbox, folders.
- NGfL Cymru Virtual Classroom Tours must have a file size not larger than 9Mb.
You can download the above guidelines as a Word document below by clicking on the link. You can also download the template Virtual Classroom Tour (VCT) and an example VCT that you can use as a guide when you are completing yours.
You can find thousands of NGfL Cymru resources on our website and you might find the links to free Microsoft software and Web 2.0 tools below. Just click on the text to follow the link.
- Autocollage and Songsmith are available from the UK Partners in Learning Network (needs free registration)
- PowerPoint Plex plug-in
- Maths Add-in for Word 2007-10
- Chemistry Add-in for Word 2007-10